Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Positive Thursday Night Dining Experience

Since my husband and I relocated to the DC area two years ago we have made it a point to try new things, go to different places and not to get stuck in the same routine. This year we purchased an Entertainment book to encourage ourselves to do this even more frequently. I must say that we have been pretty successful in immersing ourselves into this new town and seeing what it really has to offer outside of the mainstream staples. Most places we have been have had good food, a fine atmosphere and acceptable service. It is the places that go beyond that I plan to talk about in this blog. Maybe I will encourage one more person to walk through their door and give it a try. After all, if I enjoyed my experience so much, do I not owe it to the restaurant to spend five minutes to tell someone how great it was?

So I will start this blog with an experience I had this evening while I was out with my husband. We decided to give Persian food a shot. We had our coupon from the Entertainment book for Caspian House of Kabob and thought, why not?

It turned out to be a fantastic choice. We had actually planned on getting takeout only to walk into the restaurant and instantly change our minds. Although they have live bands on the weekends Thursday night was rather quiet and the baby was safe at home with my mother. It was the perfect place for adult time(even though there was a table full of kids right next to us).

We were seated in the corner by one of the most polite servers I have ever met. I instantly knew that we would be giving this man a generous tip. It is rare for me to go into a restaurant and really get the feeling that they appreciated my business. But this place did just that.

My husband and I have recently been on a lamb kick and both of us ordered the lamb kabobs. It was an excellent choice. My husband is one of the most critical people I know and rarely leaves a restaurant completely satisfied. I can honestly say he left this place impressed.

If you are ever in Gaithersburg, MD this is a place you must try.

No comments:

Post a Comment